Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Here is what they were suppose to look like (Yah right) These are a photo of the eggs my daughter did as she did demonstrations on the ancient technique of Pysanky Ukrainian Easter Eggs , I think they are just awesome.
Some years ago I painted these ceramic eggs. I have a nice egg collection but I have them packed away. I am too lazy to get it out.
This week I made two pieces of jewelry. I used beads that Jennifer Pride,( My bead swap partner), sent me. The necklace is pink Swarovski crystal and purple fire polished Czech glass beads. I separated the bead bars with one inch of silver chain.
To create the bracelet the bracelet I used fused glass that I used copper designs in the glass they are lovely. I used pewter separator beads that are equipped to use a dangle. I used deep purple Swarovski beads on each side of the pewter. I put little pink glass hearts as the dangles .On the back of the fused glass I glued pewter disk beads hammered flat. I used silver findings
Friday, April 15, 2011
One bracelet was made of sculpty clay, mixed to look like lapis. I got my inspiration to make lapis from LoriAnderson. I mixed gold leaf in into the navy blue clay for the effect of lapis. I used pewter beads with provision for a dangle bead. I used silver findings The second bracelet was made with pewter flowerets with blue crystals in the center. I used silver findings. I am #41 and my daughter is #45. Emanda Johnson She had wanted to particiate, but, it didn't happen.
Bracelet Blog Hop Since I do not know how to add all the links I am just leaving Lori Andersons' link [Here]
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I don't have photographs this week sorry
I can only report a failure for this week’s creativity. I rescued some ceramic green ware beads from the senior center. I thought I could fire them and glaze them and use them. NOT. I don’t know what I don’t know. For some odd reason when I put the final (clear) glaze on when fired they turned to a yuck gray. So I can only view this experience as a learning lesson. BUY YOUR BEADS it took me three days to get this mess. I was going to photograph them but they went and hid in my BLACK HOLE >
In my painting class we had a grand time I introduced a month’s time of experimenting with ABSTRACTION. Our annual Art Show and Sale will be in May so we wanted to do something different. After. I gave the students a handout then showed them examples on my computer of abstraction they went wild making pictures. It was a success. http://GalleryDirect.com
Last week I taught composition by using templates. I did it on a full sheet of 300lb watercolor paper. I finished it at home. I framed it and failed to photograph it before it was framed. I can tell you it was a success as well. I have it hanging in the Senior Center for a month so it will be a while before it will be photographed. I sometimes get ahead of myself (often) >