Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Days


I did not go to my painting class this morning. I am snowed in. I have a rule that I have lived by since 1977. “Ice on the ground I stay home“. This is the biggest snow fall ever in North Texas. We have about 9 inches in our driveway. But the record snow that has fallen in Dallas is 12.7 inches as of last midnight. It looks like a winter wonder land. It is suppose to freeze this evening. We lost a large limb out of our big magnolia tree. That makes me sad. My friend was supposed to come from Frisco Texas to visit me to watch the Olympics on the big screen but the roads are terrible. Frisco is about 40 miles from us, and the freeways are traitorous.
I have accomplished quite a bit however this week. I got out my notes from Jane E. Jones’s watercolor classes from 1988-1990,the cover came off the book from much use, so I am transcribing the notes into a word document. I have done five I have much, much more to do. I am having such fun planning the Creativity Classes. Last week I started by having the students draw a simple drawing in several ways. This week we were to start with pictorial organization. I am excited to watch their imagination growth.
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment