Monday, May 31, 2010

Busy Hands Happy Heart

Memorial Day is more than a day for Picnics, Bar-B-Q’s and Hot Sales. I give thanks to each brave men and women who has given the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms that we enjoy.
Busy Busy. I have been so busy. As I said before I am artist of the month of May Yeps it’s June.>
I filled my car with my paintings 40 or so. I took everything off the wall, out of the garage and under the bed, and we hung them on Friday with help from my student Paul- yea. My students really gave me what for not having 3 of the paintings framed, so on Saturday I climbed a ladder into the attic to look for frames. Man It was hot. and Remember I just had two knees replaced aah. The show is beautiful even if I do say so myself. The students were very happy to see what I really can do.



A friend gave me 15 real amethyst beads that her husband brought home from Brazil. I already had a stretchy bracelet of Austrian crystals that was too tight, so I cut it and used the Austrian crystals that had little wire catches as my in-betweens. I strung them on a sliver chain. Whoa not so easy there. I had to cut the end off the chain. Since the chain was a little too short I took another length of silver chain that had been a shoulder duster earring and soldered it to the chain and made a closure whalla a lovely necklace.

I have been painting on the patio for about two months but me thinks that has come to an abrupt end as the Texas weather has turned really hot. It is almost 90 before noon and with the 70% humidity it get very uncomfortable quickly.
I am painting a beach scene of three of my nieces when they were 1, 2, and 3 years old.
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment