Saturday, July 10, 2010

Being Inventive

I changed gears this week. The trouble with me is that I just don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Well, I may never grow up. Smiles




I have been wanting to do some fused glass for some time. I have been waiting for my daughter to come down and play with me but life keeps getting in the way, so I just jumped in there this week and cut some dichrquoce sp glass for making some jewelry pieces for fun. I made 6 pieces of glass. From the fused pieces I made two rings by using some bracelets that I no longer wear. I made 4 pendants. I took the pieces that I had finished to my art class. To my great surprise I sold one ring and took commissions for three pendants.

Now that I have the jewelry making bug again, (It comes on every once in a while,) I decided to go to some garage sales and buy old jewelry to disassemble to be used for findings. I was in luck. I had only to stop at one. It was huge! The person just happened to be in the secondhand business and had many brand new fashions, but ugly pieces of jewelry. I brought it home and spent several hours taking it apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment