Monday, February 14, 2011

Improving Photography

No one could be more surprised than me when I went to my new Etsy Shop and found that I had made the Treasury for the second time. I only had been on the web 2 days when WaLa! (voila!) Also my daughter designed me a lovely banner for the new shop. Take a hop on over and take a peek!




Lesley Payne picked up one of my copper necklaces. The one with the dichrotic fused glass pendant. I had just opened the shop on Thursday and made the Treasury on Friday. “Slap my face and call me chicken” (smiles).
• Pounce into a Treasury!



I answered http://jenniferprid.com/ offer of flat-bottomed marbles. She sweetly sent me a dozen, I felt so blessed. Thanks Jennifer. I couldn’t wait to play with them. I made a bracelet right away. My sweet husband made a jig so I could form wire for the backing. I am so pleased with the results.






This is what my table looks like while I play. I don’t call it work, though it is, because I love creating beautiful things, be it jewelry or watercolor. I had an awesome class on Friday. Everyone was so glad to be out from under the snow.





apple crate that I kept it, of course, because I just knew I would find a good use for it. I still don’t have the results I am desiring. It may be that I don’t know how to use my new camera. I plan to go to a class this Thursday for help.


I have been so disappointed with my photos. I ask myself why can’t my photos be as sharp and bright as LoriAnderson.com. (smiles) My daughter has been as concerned about my photos as I have. She sent me a web site to go to with instructions on how to make a Photo Light Box http://www.thadalende.com/ . Here are the steps I took .The web site calls for a cardboard box, but I happened to have a glorified apple crate that I had. I kept it, of course, because I just knew I would find a good use for it.


I still don’t have the results I am desiring. It may be that I don’t know how to use my new camera. I plan to go to a class this Thursday for help.

Be Blessed

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the treasury!

    And oh my goodness, don't look at me for photography! I've taken photos both in a light box and in natural light, and lately I've been doing more natural light photos... although it's a struggle knowing WHEN to take those photos, and through which window. Aggravating.

    So I use either PhotoShop Elements or Picnik.com to adjust the color (without one or the other, I'd be lost) and go from there.

    Oh, and always use the macro setting, and if, while using that, you still get fuzzy photos, use a tripod to minimize shaking.

    ReplyDelete