Friday, April 15, 2011

GENES AND JEANS 7000 BRACELETS

Genes and Jeans 7000 Bracelets Project We were ask to send a message of hope to the parents of these little tykes. My message was as follows: Miracles** some skeptics say, “Oh, the miracles, I can’t accept miracles.” One may drop a brown seed in a black soil and up comes a green shoot. You let grow and by and by you pull up its root and you find it red. You cut the red root and find it had a white heart. Can any one tell how this comes about.—how brown cast into black results in green and then in red and white? Yet you eat your radish without troubling your mind over miracles. Men are not distressed by miracles in the dining room; they reserve them all for religion ! ------- Bryon. Expect a Miracle I copied this poem on white parchment and stitched it to denim, then glued it to matt board. I then packed the bracelet and poem in a clear bag.

One bracelet was made of sculpty clay, mixed to look like lapis. I got my inspiration to make lapis from LoriAnderson. I mixed gold leaf in into the navy blue clay for the effect of lapis. I used pewter beads with provision for a dangle bead. I used silver findings The second bracelet was made with pewter flowerets with blue crystals in the center. I used silver findings. I am #41 and my daughter is #45. Emanda Johnson She had wanted to particiate, but, it didn't happen.


Be Blessed


Bracelet Blog Hop Since I do not know how to add all the links I am just leaving Lori Andersons' link [Here]

No comments:

Post a Comment