Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hipped Hop Happy Easter

Well that BLOG HOP of artist donating 7000 bracelets for HOPE was exciting. With 112 artists participating I got over loaded with eye candy, it took me three days to visit them all. Now we have HIPPEDY HOP. I had a friend over the other day for a sleep over. She thought it would be fun to dye eggs and decorate them. I think she had visions of grandeur, inspired by by Martha Stewart , I thought it would be fun as well. Some years ago my daughter ( Artemisiea’sStudio ) did a demonstration of Pysanky Ukrainian Easter Eggs for my art club. So I whooped out my jaunting tool. I was going to show my friend the process of dying eggs with resist. NOT &^&&%$^&* OMG what a mess we made. Here are our sad result. But we had lots of laughs and giggles.





Here is what they were suppose to look like (Yah right) These are a photo of the eggs my daughter did as she did demonstrations on the ancient technique of Pysanky Ukrainian Easter Eggs , I think they are just awesome.


Some years ago I painted these ceramic eggs. I have a nice egg collection but I have them packed away. I am too lazy to get it out.
HAPPY EASTER

This week I made two pieces of jewelry. I used beads that Jennifer Pride,( My bead swap partner), sent me. The necklace is pink Swarovski crystal and purple fire polished Czech glass beads. I separated the bead bars with one inch of silver chain.



To create the bracelet the bracelet I used fused glass that I used copper designs in the glass they are lovely. I used pewter separator beads that are equipped to use a dangle. I used deep purple Swarovski beads on each side of the pewter. I put little pink glass hearts as the dangles .On the back of the fused glass I glued pewter disk beads hammered flat. I used silver findings




Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment