I have been experimenting with ceramic beads this week. My kiln is very old I really. It is a hand-me-down, from a friend who started china painting in the late 50’s. When she passed on to her reward, her kiln came to me. It has not one scintilla of controls on it so I have to fly by the “seat of my pants” so I fired one bead for one and a half house. All of the decals were fired off “nada”. So I fire the next ones one hour and 15 minutes. Some of the decals survived. So, I had saved the best to last. I fired those fifty minutes, just right. Like “Little Red Riding Hood” I am going to use one of the beads with some of the beads I received from Jennifer Pride.
As it turns out I used some of the square lampwork with enclosed rose beads that came in the five pounds of lampwork beads that I got from Ebay.
Here are some of the experiment
Be Blessed to be a blessing
Tacky Holiday Earrings Blog Hop
4 weeks ago