Lori Anderson of Pretty Things organized for all of us, this huge blog-hop Party and for that I am truly thankful. My partner has been Alice Craddick from Michigan. Her blog is Alice's Beads and Baubles.
This is what I sent Alice . . .
And this is what she sent me.
Alice’s soup mix really gave me a challenge, because I almost never use gunmetal and rarely use brown. She hinted at the complementary color scheme: Purple, red orange and orange. I only had to add red violet beads and plum color aluminum wire to finish out the scheme. Here's the chunky dangle-y bracelet in the full light of day.
A close-up of some of the beads and the focal . . .
Lori said that it was “really cool to mix metals” so I used silver pins for the beads and plum wire for free form designs.
Oh, and check out the cool way I used the orange beads for dangle-y earrings.
Check out the first couple of batches of Bead Soup-ers and our Hostess, Lori Anderson and her partner, Manuela Wutschke
1. Aimee Wheaton and Barbara York
2. Alice Craddick and Sandra Richardson My Partner and Me.
3. Alison Sachs and Amy Severino
4. Allison Scott and Cynthia Abner
5. Amanda Cargill Austin and Charlene Sevier
6. Amanda Davie and Patsy Evins
7. Amber Dawn and Kim Ballor
8. Ambra Gostoli and Christine Hansen
9. Amy Freeland and Christine Altmiller
10. Ana Krepel-Novak and Eleanor Snare
11. Andrea Morici and Hope Smitherman
12. Andrea Trank and Jayne Capps
13. Andrea Turini and Charlene Jacka
14. Angela May and Emanda Johnson Check out my daughter and her partner
15. Anitra Gordy and Elizabeth Owens Dwy
16. Ann Rishell and Debbie Price
17. Ann Sherwood and Lynne Bowland
18. Anna Lear and Barbe Saint John
19. Anna Sabina and Erin Siegel
19. Nan Emmett and Erin Siegel
20. Astrid Boyce and Birgitta Lejonklou
For the rest of the fun, check out Lori's blog HERE.
2 weeks ago