Monday, November 30, 2009

Waiting In The Wings

My double knee replacement surgery in only a few days away. I cannot say I am nervous or fearful. I am not eager either, but I know that it will change my life as; as my quality of life has deteriorated vastly. I am a very active body and to sitting months on end is not my character atall, atall. I haven't driven the car in nearly three months. The poor thing in whinning for lack of attention. I will miss my painting class as they are my salvation from tedium. I went for my pre-op this morning. I answered all questions they could think of to ask. They took the x-rays and blood I think they used a crow-bar to administer the process it hurt so bad.

I just had to see my brother before my surgery. My spirit demanded it. So my husband got me up very early on Saturday and took me to East Texas to spend the day. My brother and his wife are a hoot. We laughed and laughed; about nothing especially. We were just high on joy. My brother had a double knee surgery a couple of years ago. He had his surgery on a Monday and was back in church the following Sunday. I was telling my Dr. that and he said that was very rare. I replied that he is a Wasson and so am I ,and we are tuff. smiles

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. We went to my nephew's for dinner. He lived with us when he was a teenager (oh my god). He grew up to be such a nice young man. He has such a wonderful work ethic.

We watched the cutest movie the other night. The movie was filmed in the early 70's. Butterflies Are Free. It has some of the cutest puns. It has been years since we had seen it. If you haven't seen it in a while go to the library and check it out. It may have to become my favorite movie, after Thoroughly Millie and You've Got Mail. smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment