Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strolling Thru Candy Land

Man Oh Man what a ride this week-end had been There was a blog-hop as some of you may know. 210 participating jewelry artist ,showing their inspired works, using beads and findings from partners from around the globe. It took me four days to stroll thru them all. I made a big iron skillet full of my great grandmothers ginger bread recipe, and my friend Sue’s lemon tea and settled in for the adventure in candy land. To tell you the truth I would have to take breaks from overload. Like going to a museum, I can only take in so much at a time.
All that to the side I did work at my studio table this week. I made a copper broach that I am very excited about.



I used Libby’s at Libby Leuchtman wire flower as my inspiration. She was Lori Anderson featured artist on Cup of Bead Soup this month).
Here are the steps that the whole process took: I started with the copper wire and made a flower shape.



Then I got the inspiration to add delicate wire a wire center. I could not decide what to use as my center.

Finally I settled on fused dichotic glass in green and copper colors. It was only then that I decided to add copper foil.

Oh my, did it shine. It was then I put India ink on the surface it to give the broach patina.

I used a copper penny as a foundation for whole piece. I added a pin back and wala




In my painting class I taught how to stretch watercolor paper. Then while it was still wet I started a watercolor of roses. I will give a demo of finishing the piece on Friday.
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment